Useful SEO Tips for 2013
As with anything else, you have to be on the constant lookout for great tips and tricks when it comes to search engine optimization. Every year can bring new challenges for your SEO efforts, and this is exactly why you should always be up-to-date with all of the updates and changes that can affect your online marketing campaign. Here, we will give you a comprehensive list of great SEO tips for the year of 2013.
SEO Tips and Practices for the New Year
Here is a list of tips and practices you are advised to use in the 2013 if you want to achieve your online marketing goals:
- Content – Content is still the most important aspect of SEO, and this will remain the same in 2013. So, do your best to constantly create fresh, relevant, high-quality, and informative content for your website visitors.
- Social media – More so in 2013, social media will find its place in all parts of our lives, and this definitely includes search engine optimization and online marketing in general. As a result of this fact, you will have to find the perfect way of adding social media to all of your SEO campaigns, as this is the key to your success in the new year.
- Consistency – This has to do with your content, and consistency means that you should keep creating fresh and relevant content for your website visitors on a regular basis. By failing to accomplish this task, your SEO efforts will never amount to anything worth mentioning.
- Guest blogging – In spite of the fact that this has always been an important part of SEO, 2013 will only emphasize the importance of gust blogging and commenting. Spread your links around the Internet by posting high-quality guest blogs, and the results will follow shortly after.
- Targeted audience and keyword research – This is not a new tip by any means, but it is nevertheless a great tip. Target your audience and do keyword research in order to make your SEO campaign as effective as it is possible.
- Ads – Be careful about placing too many ads on your web pages, especially if these ads are located above the fold. Namely, the latest update called Top Heavy 2 has brought a significant change in Google’s search algorithm, as web pages with too many above-the-fold ads will be seen as low-quality and ranked thusly.
- Go mobile – make your website accessible to everybody. What this means is that you should make sure that people using all devices should be able to access your website, as this ensures that you get the largest number of visitors.
- Enough web content – Do not write short articles and post them all over your website. Instead of this, write articles that are at least 400 words long, as this will give you a chance to use your keywords more times.
Aside from these, there are some more SEO tips to worry about. However, even these eight tips will be enough to gain some great results from your SEO efforts in 2013.